Justin Boots is partnering with Dickies Arena to support Carter BloodCare, one of Texas’ largest blood centers, to host a blood drive later this month. The blood drive, which will occur May 30 and 31 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. in Dickies Arena’s Yellow Lot B, will help support Carter BloodCare this summer, which is typically a challenging time for the blood supply.
WHAT: Justin Boots Blood Drive supporting Carter BloodCare
WHERE: Yellow Lot B at Dickies Arena
WHEN: Saturday and Sunday, May 30 and 31 – 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Donors are encouraged to sign up online before arriving, or by calling or texting 800-366-2834. To arrive at Yellow Lot B at Dickies Arena, donors should turn onto Trail Drive from Montgomery Street or University Drive and enter the Yellow Lot at Gate 43. Signage will be in place to help direct traffic to the appropriate lot.
Carter BloodCare has also provided these tips to ensure a safe donation:
- Make and keep your appointment. (If you are not feeling healthy and well, please do not attend.)
- In addition to the current social distancing guidelines provided by FDA and the CDC, we will also observe any social distancing guidelines established by our host partners:
- Effective May 25, all donors are required to wear masks at the blood drive.
- Ensure you remain at least six feet from other donors.
- Drink plenty of water before and after donating to ensure you are well hydrated and eat a good, healthy meal at least two hours before your donation.
- Before you arrive on the day of your appointment, fill out your donor questionnaire on your own mobile device/desktop with
- Please do not bring children and/or pets to blood drives as they are not allowed into the donation area.